The protractor lets an amateur do professional phono cartridge alignment. In just a few simple steps, the Protractor gives precise alignment for better sound and longer stylus life with any standard phono cartridge and radial tonearm.
Made of durable 2mm ABS plastic with mirrored finish allowing you to precisely adjust your cartridge/stylus by providing clear bottom and top views simultaneously.
Unlike similar market alternatives our protractor is UV Printed and cured for 3 hours ensuring the highest quality print: so you'll never have to worry about paint peeling off like with comparable cheap Chinese products!
Note: If you are hard of sight, like some of us on the team at Hudson Hi-Fi, we encourage you to consider the "High Contrast" color option, which will provide better visibility without the mirrored effect.
1. Place this protractor on your turntable platter with hole over spindle.
2. Move cartridge/ tonearm until stylus rests exactly on center of bulls eye. (120.9mm radius). Check that cartridge is square with outer set of grid lines. - If not, loosen cartridge mounting screws and twist cartridge lightly until it is square.
3. Move cartridge/ tonearm until stylus rests exactly on center of inner bulls-eye (66.04mm radius), Rotate protractor around spindle as required. Check that cartridge is square with inner set of grid lines. - If not, change overhang, (move cartridge in or out along the axis) until cartridge is square.
4. Repeat step 2 and 3 till cartridge is square at both points. Tighten mounting, and recheck as above. Remove Protractor. Relax and enjoy!
- Mirrored cartridge alignment protractor provides improved visibility for cartridge alignment
- Eliminate tracking errors
- You can use it with an S-Shaped arm
- Works with any 1/2" mounted cartridge
- Link to turntable setup guide with instructions included, printed directly on the protractor
Turntable Phonograph LP Phono Cartridge Stylus Alignment Protractor Tool | Mirrored | v2 | Made in USA
- Brand: Hudson Hi-Fi
- Product Code: 0K-HX5G-FMYX
- Availability: 25