A Professional tracking force gauge designed for vinyl record purist's interested in more precise measurement of vertical tracking force (VTF). In addition to influencing playback quality, improper VTF can cause excessive record wear/damage. For accurate VTF measurement, the stylus tip should be at the same vertical position as the record surface - that is, at "record level". With Riverstone's professional VTF gauge, vertical tracking force is measured approx. 2 mm to 3 mm from the surface of a turntable mat or platter - which is the height of a stylus tip resting on an LP record (LP's have a thickness range of 1.9 mm to 2.9 mm). And, with this VTF gauge, there is no need to remove your platter mat - the gauge arm places the stylus tip at the correct height. Less expensive gauges typically have a stylus-tip measurement distance between 6 and 8 mm - which can lead to errors in measurement. To reduce interaction with magnets in MM and MC cartridges, the VTF gauge is manufactured from durable plastic and the detachable cantilevered extension arm is made from a non-ferromagnetic grade of stainless steel. Two calibration masses (5g and 20g) are included for re-calibration (1-minute procedure). With larger calibration masses (not supplied) the gauge can be re-calibrated for use up to 100 g. A polymer pad on the measuring platform protects the stylus tip and allows accurately centering the stylus on the measuring platform. The LED display (green) is bright and easy to read. A very detailed instruction manual (in English) is provided. Overall dimensions: 52 mm (W) x 91 mm (L) x 12.0 mm (H); height dimension is with cover removed. PLEASE NOTE: Although no tools are required, installation of the record-level extension arm requires a bit of technical savvy. A tin storage box is included to protect the VTF gauge when not in use. ***Requires one Alkaline AAA battery (sorry, battery NOT included)***
- A Professional digital tracking force gauge designed for vinyl record purist's interested in precise measurement of vertical tracking force (VTF) at the correct vertical tracking angle (VTA). When used with the detachable cantilevered extension arm, the gauge closely approximates the vertical position of the stylus on the surface of a vinyl record when it is playing on a turntable- providing accurate "record-level" measurements of tracking force.
- For optimal accuracy, tracking force should be measured at the same vertical position as the record surface. With Riverstone's VTF gauge, tracking force is measured 2 mm - 3 mm from the surface of a turntable mat - the height of a stylus tip resting on an LP record (LP's have a thickness range of 1.9 - 2.9 mm). With less expensive gauges, the measurement distance is typically 6 mm- 8 mm.
- Precision strain gauge sensor provides 0.005 g measurement resolution and accurate measurements over the entire calibration range of the VTF gauge. Manufactured using non-magnetic materials (durable plastic housing with austenitic stainless steel cantilever extension arm). A polymer pad on loading platform protects the stylus tip and allows stylus centering on the measurement platform.
- Switchable units: g/oz/dwt/ct, Low Battery and Overload indication. Compact size 52mm (W) x 95mm (L) x 12mm (H).
- A detailed instruction manual (in English) is provided. Includes a tin storage box to protect the VTF gauge when not in use. Two precision calibration masses (20 g and 5 g) and a detachable cantilevered extension arm are included. ***Requires one AAA ALKALINE battery (sorry, battery NOT included)***.