The M97xE is a superbly tracking, neutral, smooth-sounding magnetic cartridge, designed to provide long hours of undistorted, easy listening, without fatiguing the ear or tiring the mind. This cartridge is able to accurately reproduce very difficult musical passages, particularly in the high-frequency range, where audio modulations are the smallest and most concentrated, and stylus tip movement is consequently the most rapid. Its highly precise tracking ability and flat frequency response are made possible by Shure's unique Type II low-mass thin-wall aluminum alloy stylus cantilever, combined with a precision-crafted, finely polished, elliptical diamond tip. The very low mass M97xE cartridge shares several important features with the V15VxMR audiophile cartridge, to include: Shure?s exclusive viscous-damped Dynamic Stabilizer, which maintains a uniform distance between the cartridge and the record under difficult playing conditions, such as those caused by warped records, or mismatched tonearm mass. When such stabilization is not required, the stabilizer brush can be locked up into its detent position, which, under ideal playing conditions, can provide even better sound quality. A die cast aluminum mounting block for secure, vibration-free attachment to the tonearm. The SIDE-GUARD stylus protection system that helps prevent stylus damage if the cartridge accidentally slides across a record. This unique feature responds to side thrusts on the stylus by ...
- High-performance phono cartridge with finely polished elliptical diamond tip
- Accurately reproduces difficult musical passages, particularly in high-frequency range
- Viscous-damped dynamic stabilizer maintains uniform distance between cartridge and record
- Side-Guard system prevents stylus damage if cartridge accidentally slides across LP
- Die-cast-aluminum mounting block; includes mounting hardware and cleaning brush