The Music Hall mmf 5.3 special edition is a significant upgrade over the standard mmf 5.3. The special edition includes upgrades to the following critical components; vibration damping system, tonearm, cartridge, and rosenut plinth. The mmf 5.3se like the mmf 5.3 is a two speed belt driven audiophile turntable employing music hall's unique dual plinth construction. The distinctive design isolates the key sound reproducing components; platter, main bearing, tonearm, and cartridge on the top platform from the motor, switch, wiring, and feet which are mounted on the bottom platform. Sorbothane orbs separate the two platforms and provide vibration damping. The mmf 5.3se comes complete with cartridge mounted , dust cover, and 45 adaptor. The MMF-5.3SE's now come with the 2M Bronze cartridge specially built by Ortofon (a $440 value) and UPDATED carbon tonearm with flexible internal wire drawn from high purity copper. This carbon arm pushes the performance of the 5.3SE closer to that of the 7.3!
- Music hall's unique dual-plinth construction
- Gorgeous and classic-looking rosenut real wood veneer finish
- Sorbothane isolation orbs
- Top tier updated carbon tonearm with flexible internal wire drawn from high purity copper
- Counterweight's center of gravity is level with the stylus tip, is decoupled from the arm, and acts as a resonance damper